The article defines the expediency of using connotations in foreign languages to improve the communication efficiency of the advertising texts. The methods of forming connotations in foreign languages by means of using terminology have been considered. The effects that can be achieved through the reviewed method have been described.
Keywords: advertising text, the term, connotation.
- 1. Stadnyk N. (1998), The terms-abbreviations in advertising texts , Ukrainian terminology and the present: collection of scientific papers, Kyiv, pp. 174–178.
- 2. Lopukhina, N. (1998) Recent processes in the advertising vocabulary, Ukrainian terminology and the present:collection of scintific papers, Kyiv pp. 145–147.
- 3. Kudyba, S. (2004) The specificity of terms in advertising texts, Problems of Ukrainian terminology: collection of scintific papers, Liga Press,Lviv, pp. 103–106.
- 4. Mozovaya, I. N. (2008), About the informativeness of the foreign word in the context of an advertising message , available at:http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/Natural /Vdpu/Movozn/2008_14/article/34.pdf.
- 5. Mozovaya, I.N. (2004), On the role of foreign words in modern advertising, Journal of National University of Kharkiv named after Karazin, Vol. 42, pp. 420–423.
- 6. Goverdovskiy, V. I. (1989), Konnotation structure of the word, High School, Kharkiv.
- 7. Bragina, A. A. (1981), Meaning and the shades of meaning in the term, Terminology and speech culture, pp. 37–47.
- 8. Panko, T. І.,(1994),Kochan, I. M. and Matsyuk, H. P., Ukrainian terminology, World, Lviv.
- 9. Kvitko, I. S., (1976), The term in scientific document, High School, Lviv.
- 10. Leichik, V. M. (1982), People and words, Science, Moscow.
- 11. Felser, G. (2009), Consumer psychology and advertising. Translated from Germany, Humanitarian Center, Kharkiv.
- 12. Butyrina, M. V. (2012), Advertising as a cognitive phenomenon, World of Social Communications, vol 8, pp. 58–61.