Media education of civil servants is examined as one of important pre-conditions of carrying out the professional tasks and functions and a constituent of the system of preparation of employees of public authorities in the context of constantly growing requirements to the use of all types of modern mass media (printing, audio, visual, internet) in state communications, forming the informative culture and professional activity in the informative society. The article concerns the necessity of introduction of media education as an important element of educational process for civil servants. The reasons for media education necessity have been defined. The main principles of the Concept of media education implementation in Ukraine have been analyzed. The media education is considered as a current trend in modern education.
Keywords: media education, media competence, civil servant.
- 1. Danylenko V., Melezhyk V., Ivanov V. and Miroshnychenko Y. (2012), Media competence as psychological and pedagogical constituents of education, The Information Society, No.15, pp. 30–33.
- 2. Ivanov V.F. and Voloshenjuk O. V. (2012), Media education and media literacy (2012), Free press centre, Kyiv.
- 3. Masterman L. (1985), Teaching the Media, Comedia Press, London.
- 4. Potjatynyk B. (2005), The Маss Journalism education – why not?, МеdiaCriticism, No. 10, pp. 7–10.
- 5. Feilitzen C. von (1999), Media Education, Children's Participation and Democracy, Children and Media: Image, Education, Participation, UNESCO & NORDICOM, pp. 24-26.
- 6. Fedoriv T. V. (2013), Media education and media competence of office employees in perspective, Investments: Practice & Experience, No.3, pp. 120–122.
- 7. Onkovych H. (2010), Modern media education: international and national experience, World standards of modern journalism, pp. 47–51.
- 8. Media Education (1984), UNESCO, Paris.
- 9. Scheibe C. and Rogow F. (2012), The teacher's guide to media literacy : critical thinking in a multimedia world, Thousand Oaks, California.
- 10.Concept of media education in Ukraine (2010), available at: http://www.ispp.org.ua/news_44.htm.
- 11.Sulim A. А. (2011), Media literacy as a result of the introduction of media education, The Herald of Kharkiv National University, Vol. 3, No.968, рр. 26–29.
- 12.Masterman L. (1997), A Rational for Media Education , Media Literacy in the Information Age, New Brunswick transaction publishers, pp. 15–68.
- 13.McMahon B. (2003), Relevance and Rigour in Media Education: Keynote Presentation to the National Media Education Conference, Baltimore.
- 14.Ivanov V., Shkoba O. (2012), Media education and media literacy: the definition of terms, The Information Society, No.16, pp. 41–52.