The results of experimental researches of nonlinear refraction of silver nanoparticle composites in obedience to the standard Z-scan technique have been presented in this article. The defocusing colloids ability of different size silver nanoparticles has been found. Based on general considerations, the conclusion about the thermal nature of the nonlinear refraction of colloids has been drawn, and we have come to the conclusion about kerriv nature of nonlinearity for flat systems of silver alloyed borate glass Li2B4O7:Ag annealed in a vacuum or in air.
Keywords: silver nanoparticles, plasmon resonance, Z-scan, nolinear refraction, nonlinear absorption.
- 1. Falcao-Filho E. L., C. B. de Araujo and Rodrigues J. J. (2007), High-order nonlinearities of aqueous colloids containing silver nanoparticles, Journal of Opt. Soc. Am. B, Vol. 24, No.12, pp. 2948–2956.
- 2. Bhushan B., Kundu T. and Singh B. P. (2012), Two-photon absorption spectrum of silver nanoparticles, Journal of Optics Communications, No. 285, pp. 5420–5424.
- 3. Nadjari H. and Abasi Azad Z. (2012), Determining the nonlinear coefficient of gold and silver nanocolloids using SPM and CWZ-scan, Journal of Optics and Laser Technology, No. 44, pp. 1629–1632.
- 4. Karpov S. V., Popov A. K. and Slabko V. V. (2003), Photochromic reactions in silver nanocomposites with fractal structure and their comparative characteristics, Journal of Technical Physics, Vol. 73, No. 6, pp. 90–98.
- 5. Mikhejeva O. P. and Sydorov A. I. (2001), The CO2-laser radiation limits in composite material with silver nanoparticles, Journal of Technical Physics, Vol.73, No. 6, pp. 50–53.
- 6. Shejk-Bahae M., Said A. A. and Van Stryland E. W. (1989), High-sensitivity, single-beam n2 measurements, Journal of Opt. Lett, No. 14, pp. 955.
- 7. Mohan S., Lange J., Graener H. and Seifert G. (2012), Surface plasmon assisted optical nonlinearities of uniformly oriented metal nanoellipsoids in glass, Journal of Optics express, Vol. 20, No. 27, pp. 28655–28663.
- 8. Hong Shen, Bolin Cheng, Guowei Lu, Tingyin Ning, Dongyi Guan, Yueliang Zhou and Zhenghao Chen. (2006), Enhancement of optical nonlinearity in periodic gold nanoparticle arrays, Journal of Nanotechnology, No. 17, pp. 4274–4277.
- 9. Okada N., Hamanaka Ya., Nakamura A., Pastoriza-Santos I. and Liz-Marzan L. M. (2004), Linear and Nonlinear Optical Response of Silver Nanoprisms: Local Electric Fields of Dipole and Quadrupole Plasmon Resonances, Journal, Vol. 108, No. 26, pp. 8751–8755.
- 10. Evanoff D.D., Chumanov Jr. G. (2004), J. Phys.Chem, B 108, p. 13948.
- 11. Malynych S. and Zhurn Z. (2009), Synthesis and optical properties of aqueous suspensions of ultrafine silver, Journal of Physic Research, No. 13, pp.1801.
- 12. Gamernyk R., Periv M. and Malynych S. (2014), Nonlinear-optical refraction of silver nanoparticle composites, Journal of Optica Applicata, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 389–398
- 13. Adamiv V. T., Bolesta I. M., Burak Ya.V., Gamernyk R. V., Karbovnyk I. D., Kolych I. I., Kovalchuk M. G., Kushnir O. O., Periv M. V. and Teslyuk I. M. (2014), Nonlinear optical properties of silver nanoparticles prepared in doped Ag borate glasses, Journal of Physics, Vol. 449, pp. 31–35.