The activity of the outstanding Ukrainian poet, academician M. Bazhan, while preparing of the Ukrainian and foreign works for publishing has been analyzed. His editorial work in compiling and processing of the collections of Ukrainian masters of word ((H. Skovoroda, H. Kvitka-Osnovjanenko, I. Kotljarevskyi and others), separate foreign editions has been highlighted. A special attention has been paid to his editing, publishing and textological preparation of «The Poet’s Library» and «The Ukrainian Literature Library» series, taking a special place in his legacy and reflecting his original approaches to the publishing embodiment of his predecessors’ literary heritage. The importance of Bazhan’s experience for contemporary fiction publishers has been emphasized.
Keywords: classical literature, series, textological study, literary critical analysis, publishing embodiment.
- 1. The Scientific Idea publishing house fiction archive, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv.
- 2. Bazhan M. (1954), Friendship of peoples — friendship of literatures, State literary publisher`s, Kyiv.
- 3. Bazhan M. (1982), Thoughts and memories, Soviet writer, Kyiv.
- 4. Bazhan M. (1968), People. Books. Dates-articles about literature, Soviet writer, Moscow.
- 5. Bazhan M. (1969), Paths of people: articles about literature, Dnieper, Kyiv.
- 6. Zielinska N. V., Chernysh N. I. and Ohar E. I. (2003), Publishing and editing in Ukraine: figures and sources (the XIXth – the first third of the XXth century.), World, Lviv.
- 7. Master of minted words: memories about Mykola Bazhan (1988), Dnieper, Kyiv.
- 8. Kostenko N. V. (2004), Mykola Bazhan. Life. Creative works.. Features of poetic stylistics, Kyi, Kyiv.
- 9. Kostenko N. V. (2003), Devotee of Ukrainian culture: Introductory article, in Bazhan M. Selected Works in 2 vols, Ukrainian encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 3–56.
- 10. Central State Museum Archive of Literature and Arts of Ukraine, Vol. 535, in.1, ref. 422.
- 11. Central State Museum Archive of Literature and Arts of Ukraine, Vol. 535, in.1, ref. 423.